We ask all attendees to agree to our code of conduct.
We are committed to making the Horizons in STEM Higher Education Conference 2022 a safe and inclusive space for everyone. We value the participation of each attendee and want them to have an enjoyable and fulfilling experience. Accordingly, all attendees are expected to show respect and courtesy to other attendees throughout the conference. This code of conduct sets expectations for participant behaviour during the conference, and outlines how to report an incident of discrimination, bullying or harassment should you experience it.
Code of Conduct
All participants agree to:
– Be considerate, inclusive, respectful and collaborative
– Refrain from intimidating, discriminatory, harassing or demeaning behaviour (see section on unacceptable behaviour below)
– Alert staff if you notice someone in distress
Examples of unacceptable behaviour include: intimidation, harassment, bullying, discrimination, derogatory or demeaning conduct related to age, gender, sexual orientation, race, language, political or other opinion, national or social origin, disability, physical appearance, religion or other status.
Reporting Unacceptable Behaviour
If you are being subject to or notice that someone else is being subject to unacceptable behaviour, or have any other concerns, please take one of the following actions:
– Report it directly to a member of the Conference staff – they will be wearing easily recognisable lanyards.
– Report it by email: either directly to the Chair of the Horizons in STEM conference, email@example.com , or to firstname.lastname@example.org .
We encourage you to report any form of discrimination or harassment even if you do not wish for a formal follow-up procedure to take place. This will help us better understand the varying degrees of discrimination and harassment taking place, and explore how we can prevent them in future events. All reports are confidential.